Personal Data Protection Policy
Terms and Conditions of Use
This Terms and Conditions governs the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability in the use of the Zeles mobile platform.
What information do we collect?
We collect information when you register with the Zeles mobile application or email us about your wish to use the Zeles mobile application.
- When registering for an account on the mobile platform, you will be asked to enter personal details such as your name, home and email addresses, contact numbers, year of birth, etc. We also collect your account login passwords for authentication purposes. Should you choose not to provide these details, you will not be able to access the services as provided on the Zeles mobile platform.
- Under your account, we may continue to collect additional information such as your skills, interests, friends, general location, profile photo and the organisations and their activities that you are interested to follow and participate in their activities.
- When you volunteer time for participation in volunteering activities, we collect information like the number of hours volunteered, which NPOs/VWOs you have joined, participated in or followed, and what activities you are attending or have attended and other related information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To allow you to communicate with other users
Your profile may be made visible to other users, to allow them to identify who they are communicating with on the Zeles total solution.
To personalize user experience
The information may be used in the aggregate to understand how our users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on the Zeles mobile platform. For such purposes, data are collected for traffic optimization and distribution, analytics, and interaction with external social organization networks and other platforms. Additionally, your individual information may be used in the following ways:
- Sharing and disclosure of information to NPOs/VWOs - This allows them to reach out to you better by adjusting their delivery of content and services to match your preferences. This information will be shared with them only if you have already given consent for them to view your personal contact information.
- Processing and analysis of your information for your volunteering statistics - This allows you to explore and customize various options in your volunteering experience based on your records of volunteering.
- Sending you information through push or in-app notifications - This allows you to get updates in real time so that you can respond promptly to these updates posted by NPOs/VWOs or other users.
To improve the Zeles mobile application
The information and any feedback you provide will allow us to improve the platform to meet your needs better.
To improve customer service
Your information allows us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs effectively.
To send periodic emails and other alerts
Your information allows us to continue to alert and correspond with you on VWO related matters that you have joined and followed on the Zeles platform.
The email address you provide, when you register for an account with us, may be used by:
- Us (Zeles Network Ltd), to send you information such as service updates. We do not believe in spamming our Users. You will only receive email updates, as appropriately.
- NPOs/VWOs, to send you information such as newsletters, updates, etc. However, you will receive such emails only if you give consent to them to view your email address and to send you emails. Should you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from the NPOs/VWOs, please follow their instructions for unsubscribing to their emails or contact them directly on this matter.
To connect you to NPOs/VWOs
Your personal information such as your name, contact number, email address, etc. may be sent to NPOs/VWOs. However, this is possible only if you have given consent for them to view your information. This information allows the NPOs/VWOs to follow up with you when you want to participate in their volunteering activities.
You will be deemed to have given such consent should you choose to join a NPO/VWO as a member, subscribe to their newsletter, or participate in their activities via the Zeles mobile platform. If you only choose to follow them, this consent is NOT given and your personal information will not be visible to them.
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
(a) the processing of this account registration; and
(b) the administration and delivery of services as offered by Zeles Network Ltd and its supporting organisations and partners.
In addition, should you choose to join an NPO/VWO as a member or subscribe to their newsletters or activities, you are deemed to have given consent for us to act as data intermediary for us to process all of your personal data on behalf of such NPO/VWO as well as to disclose all such personal data to them, including but not limited to send you marketing materials over email.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent to process and/or disclosing your personal information to the NPOs/VWOs, please follow their instructions on how to do so, or contact them directly on this matter.
You may write to Zeles Network Ltd at email@example.com any time for the following :
to withdraw your consent and request for the de-registration of your account with Zeles. This will be completed within 14 calendar days upon receipt of your written notification.
However, do note that:
- in doing so will result in the termination of your account after your request has been processed
- pending the period of processing of your withdrawal of consent and de-registration, you will still be deemed to have given your consent under the provisions of the PDPA until such time that your account has been terminated
- you cannot revoke this request once it has been submitted to us
How do we protect your information?
We implement security measures when you access or sign up for an account to maintain the safety of your personal information stored with us, at best endeavour. Additionally, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account details and for controlling the access to your email communications at all times. We are not responsible for any loss or disclosure of your personal information without your consent to any unintended parties should you fail to adhere to this policy.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide or transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent except where it is necessary to carry out your instructions. This does not include trusted third parties and vendors who assist us in operating the total solution, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as they are required to adhere to the PDP Act too.
Your information is only disclosed to NPOs/VWOs when you have explicitly given consent for them to view your information, either through joining them, subscribing to their newsletters or participating in their activities.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, properly or safely. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising and/or other uses.
Third party links/services
We may include third party services on Zeles mobile platform. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies and therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these linked services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the total solution and welcome any feedback about these services.
Neither do we make any representations nor provide any endorsement of their fees and charges. You decide on these payments fully on your own understanding of their services provided. Do contact the NPO/VWO involved directly should you have concerns on this matter.